I was able to attend New Frontiers Program May 15-20th at the Autism Treatment Center of America. It was a wonderful experience and I was able to fully understand the Developmental Model. It was great to see where Ashley started off 1 year ago (with only a few checks) and now she has checks in every area. Some areas she is now on Stage 2!!!
Part of the program was learning the Option Dialogue Process which almost felt like therapy. They introduced it at Start-up but I wasn't interested in that because I only wanted to learn all the details about Ashley's Son-Rise Program. However, my attitude affects Ashley and pours out into the Playroom so getting to the root of the issue is very important. I learned so much about myself that week and how I can help my volunteers using this process too!
One eye opener from the week was that I lost sight that the most important part is increasing Ashley's Interactive Attention Span because this will ultimately increase her eye contact, flexibility and verbal communication. We were able to do group brainstorming sessions on games using our own children's motivations and that was so helpful!
When I got home, I started really using the 3 E's again and I noticed within 2 days Ashley was being more verbal. I heard the words "Awesome, juice, chips, I want, French fries, bubbles, & I love you." We are also working more on her nonverbal communication of shaking her head yes or no.
I wasn't able to blog much but I did make some facebook posts which help catch up for month of may to end of school!
May 15th, 2016
Enjoying the scenic cold drive on my way to attend more parent training this week in Massachusetts so we can take Ashley's Son-Rise program to the next level! I know every parent pursues what is best for their child and we are thankful Ashley responds so well to Son-Rise! We are so appreciative God has guided us with open and closed doors for these upcoming summer months on the path to take! We will be doing part time Son-Rise program to work on social goals, speech, education and baking skills while most importantly having fun! We also found a wonderful therapist who is supportive of our program and will be coming in to help on issues of potty training, self harming behaviors and public outings! It can be challenging going places with both kids in summer by myself so now I won't feel so trapped at home! If you think about it, please pray for Jeremy, my mom and village of helpers this week while I am gone and also for Ashley's updated program! Thanks!
May 20th
I had an amazing week at New Frontiers (advanced parent training) this week in MA for Ashley's Son-Rise Program! I am so excited to have new goals to take her Program to new level, new game ideas, to see her progress on developmental model from where she started, and more tools to help Ashley! I also love the support and encouragement from all these wonderful Son-Rise parents from all over the world!
May 24th
Happy birthday to the best husband and dad Jeremy! I know the kids loved baking the cake and decorating with you! So sweet to see Ashley bring you her cake!
June 3rd
Ashley's last day of 1st grade and she made so much progress this last year!!! I caught a cute picture at the SLE class party of Ashley interacting with her peer and I love the eye contact they were making to each other! We are soooooo thankful for her hard working teachers Jody & Callie who encouraged, challenged, and loved our daughter
June 5th
What a sweet moment caught of Ashley and Tawni sharing a noodle while celebrating their good friend D's birthday! I think these girls will always LOVE the water!







No comments:
Post a Comment