Friday, November 6, 2015

Tracing shapes & Affection! - Nov 6th, 2015

Ashley did so great this week on tracing shapes, showing me lots of affection, putting on her shirt independently for the FIRST time ever and saying more numbers & colors! I tell her "I love you" a lot and now she will come up to me and give me a kiss! :) Of course, I would love to hear her say it again but I will take the affection anytime! Becky, Tracy, Jeremy, Brooke, her teachers and I are all really enjoying seeing Ashley's progress with problem solving and how she is learning new things each day!

Saturday

In the morning, Ashley said "mubba" for muffin and "I want" for ice while giving me bowl. I asked her if she wanted ice and she said "yes". Ashley had an early session with daddy and was really playful! She made great eye contact and kept wanting to ride on his shoulders! She seemed tired today so she was not super vocal even with babbling. Noah is now getting really upset when Ashley is whiny...so when he gets upset then Ashley gets more upset. So we split up today and Jeremy took Noah to the Children's museum and Ashley & I had a session and lunch date!

When I explained that we were going to leave to get lunch she went over to shoe bin and said "shoes"! I had not said the word before that. I took her on a lunch date to Qdoba and she actually tried some of her burrito bowl! She did enjoy the tortilla chips and it was nice to sit and eat out with her!

In session with me, she said "one, try, tuh (for two), I want, happy, Boppy, ball, & burple (for purple)." She did give me a spontaneous kiss again during playtime which is always heart warming!

At dinner, she said "juice, drink & chi (for chicken nuggets)." I asked her "Ashley are you beautiful?" and she said "yes." I laughed because I was surprised by her quick answer so I asked her again and she responded again with "yes."

We did early trick-or-treat adventure to about 7 homes and she did a little bit better than last year. She didn't try to go into everyone's home this year! :) She seemed to start understanding the concept of people putting candy in her bucket and then going to the next house! Ashley was Belle from Beauty & the Beast this year and Noah was Superman! Grammy & Papa joined us and so did Ashley's classmate with her family!



Sunday

At church, Ashley said "dum-dum, yeah, no, potty, Veggie Tale, Bob, tato (for Bob tomato), & I want." She loved playing with the Veggie Tales stuffed dolls and dancing in worship!

Thank you Haley and Alissa for being Ashley's "Buddy" at HCBC for the last THREE years! You both are a HUGE blessing to our family because you have allowed Jeremy and me to attend worship together and small group on Sunday mornings! You both have a beautiful, loving, and serving heart! The commitment you have had to Ashley for 3 years speaks volumes about your amazing character! We are so thankful for all you have invested into Ashley and she LOVES seeing you each week! Thank you for loving our daughter and allowing her to be apart of all the regular activities! We love you both!!!!

                                                        Alissa, Ashley & Haley


In session, she wanted to look at books, jump, ride on my back, and count again! She said "water, one, tuh (for two), and tree (for three)!" Jeremy took Ashley to local park and she was super interactive with him! She loves doing outings with her daddy and asked for "water" when they were there. Once she got home, she requested "bath". She found a small picture on the ground at the park with all the Bubble Guppies. She brought it upstairs with her and I started singing the theme song. She looked at me and the started singing it too!!! She sang "Bub Bubba Guppy" after I had stopped singing!

She helped me with strawberries again and said "Strawbuh" 2 times and "I want"! She is getting better each time with the process! I have to help her cut the tops off otherwise she cuts too much off. Once we cut the tops off, she turns them all on flat side and then cuts them in half all by herself! Then she eats them fast!



Monday

At school, she said "water, green & red" and she did really well on patterns. She seemed really tired today and I am guessing the time change is affecting her.

When we were in the waiting room of speech & OT, I asked her if she wanted to go look at the books. She said "no" and sat down looking at the door impatiently waiting for her therapist! She enjoyed the gym and said "I want, more, & ump (for jump)." Below are some pictures she has done in OT this last week working on fine motor skills and tracing! She is getting much better at staying inside the lines when coloring! She was given a Dot Paint Pen to go over the shapes/lines and she is doing even better staying on the lines!


 

In session with me, she said "cookies, two, one, Awesome, shoes, water, mouse (for Minnie Mouse), piece, more, & etzel (for pretzel)." She said cookies when we were counting the cookie images! She really enjoyed pulling my hair band out again and again and again! She always laughs when she pulls out my hair band, stands in front of me and makes really great eye contact! She also gave me a spontaneous kiss in session which was so sweet!

In the evening, she said "nana (for banana), I want, & try."

Tuesday

Today at school she said "water, green, & bubble." Her teacher sent me this picture below. She made a great circle by connecting the dots all by herself!!! Yay! She mastered vertical and horizontal lines last year so it looks like she might be ready to trace shapes again! Looks like she didn't care about the other 3 shapes!


In session with Becky, she said "crack-crack" for cracker and the sound  "waji-waji" a lot. She reported "Good eye contact and good laughs. I made some suggestions with toys (example: lets line them up on the window seal) and she gathered them up and did just that. She liked to use my finger to point & name toy story figures on her paper. I got out matching game of sesame street. She seemed to want just one of each character. As I was putting mine on the floor she deliberately gave me Oscar when I asked if I had one of each. That was the one I was missing! I thanked her very much & told her how smart she was as I had not realized who I was missing. Hers were not in order, so she had to realize she had 2 Oscars & gave one to me!"

Tonight I asked if Ashley would give me a hug. She came up to me and actually put her arms around me to give quick hug! Normally she will back up to us for hug or keep her hands down at side.

We all played in the living room waiting on daddy to come home so I got on my knees to be eye level with her. She wanted to take my hair tie out again. Once she pulled it out, she moved in front of me and looked right into my eyes laughing! Then Noah and I joined her in dancing (side to side) which put a huge smile on her face. I pulled my hair back up again and she pulled it out again. This time though she moved around in front of me, looked at my eyes, smiled, put her arms around my neck, said "Awesome!" and then gave me a kiss! It was so sweet!

Wednesday

Today she woke up really grumpy and whiny. Today was not a great day for her and she wanted to hit herself a lot today which is so frustrating. This blog is almost therapeutic for me because on bad days I can look at the positive moments of the day but also the other great days too!

At school, she said "water, bubbles, & yes" to a question! She did a great job on patterns and sat nicely during her inclusion time in her 1st grade class!

In session with me, she said "water, juice, yes, cheese, piece, cha-cha (for cracker), I want, and check" after I said to check her numbers!

In evening, she said "bath, water, mubba (for muffin) and I want." Noah was very attached to her tonight and she did not mind him following her everywhere! Every night before bed, I read Zephaniah 3:17 verse to Ashley because my mom printed it out & put it above her door. I loved that idea to say it to her every night! Tonight before I turned the light off in her room she paid VERY close attention to my words which was a first. She always wants me out of her bedroom fast but tonight patiently sat and looked at my mouth with interest! (She did this Thursday and Friday night before bed too!)




Thursday

At school, Ashley said "bubbles, water, water balls, & chips." Her teacher reported that she played nicely in the sensory room and did not dump things on the ground...haha! I did not know that she had been doing that. It reminds me of this meme below! :)



In session with Tracy, she said "ice, me (while pointing to herself), boon (for balloon), stick, more, one, number, that, three, balls, rose (for red rose toy), jump, Maries (for Faries book), Okay, yeah (answering a question), treat (when handed Tracy snack card), & bapples (for apples)." She was not interested in drawing or tracing today so Tracy followed her lead with more counting!

After session, she engaged a little with Noah and Samson (Tracy's grandson). She got on the trampoline with them and did some running laps too! She took my hair tie out again 2 different times and then wanted a piggy bag ride. When she was pulling my hair tie out, I said "be gentle" and she said "entle"! When I paused during her piggy back ride, I would ask her if she wanted to "spin or run?." One of those times she said "run"!



I gave both kids a bath tonight after dinner. Ashley always gets out first and I dry her off. Then I get out Noah and dry him off. While I was drying Noah off, I asked if Ashley could put her shirt and shorts on. She picked up her shirt and put it on over her head ALL by herself!!!!  Normally she just stands there holding it or tries to put arms in but gets confused & frustrated. She did put in on backwards and inside out but that just made it even more special to see her independence increasing a little each day! (Pictured above on bottom right in green shirt.)



Friday

Today she said "shoes" and "sewuh" for cereal before leaving for school! She seemed in a great mood today and so I thought I would try tracing shapes again. She did awesome!!! I was so impressed with her 3 shapes below! I had to stop her after she traced the shape otherwise she wanted to start scribbling. You can see the extra line on each where she would keep drawing! She did say "tri" after I said triangle. We have to keep working on how she hold the marker but she is doing so great!



At school, Ashley did a great job of accepting no today and was really focused! The worked on interrupting a preferred activity (interrupting training) to see if that can help all of us with potty training. She is fighting everyone to go potty now because she doesn't want to leave what she is doing. She said "bubbles, water & yes" to a question!

In speech with Brooke, she said "yellow, green, more, ducks, quack-quack, mouf (for mouth), nose, what, no, open, yeah, duh (for doc), reh (for red), Nemo, knee." Ashley also participated doing the actions of "head, shoulders, knees & toes"!

In session with Becky, she was very playful and laughing a lot! She said "water" and other approximations! When my mom was singing Jake the Pirate theme song, Ashley was watching her mouth very intently. At the Oh-hoh part, Ashley made her mouth in O shape too like she wanted to sing it too. Ashley was also not eager to leave the Playroom tonight with Grammy!

At dinner, she sat with Noah and me until we finished our dinner too! I am so glad both kids love the Mexican casserole! She said "straw" and "want" for a new Strawberry Shortcake coloring book on the shelf. She also said "push" after I said to it during potty time. She brought her bowl to me but didn't say anything so I asked if she wanted more ice. She said "please."

No comments:

Post a Comment