Friday, November 13, 2015

Aladdin & Awesome Friday! - November 13th, 2015

We had some hard days this week BUT the positive highlights are
1) said "Jesuh" after I sang her Jesus Loves You
2) singing "wuh wuh wuh" in tune along with a song (she has really pretty singing voice)
3) loving Aladdin "Whole New World" song and having items fly on magic carpet
4) holding hands with Noah
5) said long phrase "to the gym" at speech therapy
6) This morning I went into her bedroom and said 'It's Friday!' Ashley said "Awesome!" with big smile!
7) Starting to make great eye contact with me after she gets out of car at school when I say bye!

Saturday

Ashley said "mubbin" for muffin, "sewuh" for cereal, "I want" for ice, & "shoes" when we were putting her shoes on! She had a good morning session with Jeremy and just loves climbing all over him! He said she had great eye contact and wanted to listen to some music. During the Backyardigans theme song, she sang one of the lines in PERFECT tune singing "Wuh wuh wuh...etc".

I took Ashley on another lunch date to Qdoba and she sat nicely with me the entire time! She tried some of her burrito bowl again but really enjoyed the tortilla chips on side of kids meal. The employees there are getting to know us! When we got in line to order, the man went out of his way to wave to Ashley and bent down to get on her eye level even with buffet in between. Ashley was pretty focused on the food but she did wave to him! He also gave her some extra chips!

In session with me, she said "try, water, chi (for chicken nuggets), try, one, two, more, that, cha-cha (for cracker), I want, juice, two, Dora, boo (for Boots), Tink, & Jesuh" (for Jesus after I sang Jesus Loves You)!

Daddy took her on afternoon adventure to Barton Creek Mall but it was not the best outing. The rain can really affect Ashley since she loves being outdoors. We all sat at dinner tonight and at Mexican Casserole leftovers. It was nice to all sit at the table together and I am hoping we might have a chance as large family to eat at Thanksgiving this year!

In the evening, the kids were really restless so we did a lot of running and playing chase! Ashley loved it when we chased her and then she would also chase us! During that time, she said "run, no (in response to question), try, drink, and sih (for six when Jeremy said what time was)." At bedtime she watched my mouth again as I said Zephaniah 3:17! :)



Sunday

At church, Ashley had a great time dancing in worship but after just did not want to sit at circle time today. I am thankful we have Kings Kids room where Ashley can take a break and have access to lots of sensory toys/activities! She did say "I want, bubba (for bubbles), and no" 2 times when asked if she needed to go potty.

In session with me, she said "ball, balls, I want, and three" when we were counting! I didn't get a lot of green lights today and she seemed tired. She had a great time at a new park in Georgetown with daddy and did not want to leave!

In the evening, we all tried a new GFCF breaded chicken tenders and everyone loved them! After dinner, Ashley grabbed Jeremy's hand and said "chase"! We ran laps again and again and again! :) She also said "water" at bath time and then "dress" after when I said we need to get dressed. Before bed, she said "mubbin" for muffin and "nana" for banana!


Monday
   
Today was an off day for Ashley and one of her classmates was really fussy. She only said "water" at school and did sit well for school work. In speech and OT, she enjoyed the gym and she requested for the wrist & ankle weights which seem to calm her down. She also participated in "head, shoulders, knees & toes" song.

In session with Becky, she had great eye contact and said "shoes". They played sock game where she got to dig toys out of the socks! She really enjoyed spinning balls and playing with the balloons.

She didn't say too much that evening either but we did have fun running! She was ready to go to bed and slept well!


Tuesday

At school, she said "water, cheese, chex & mama" when walking to the car and she signed mama at same time! She did a great job matching shapes today too! She said "shoes" 2 times when we got home while taking her shoes off and when I asked Noah to take his shoes off.

In session with me, "water, stih (for pretzel stick), try, one, tree (for three when we were counting), more, Bobby (sand for music player), tah (for Tangled song), and no" to one of my questions! We got 2 new squishy lizards from Amazon our friend recommended and Ashley loved them. She was clapping their hands together and then even had them give each other a high five! :) I asked if the lizard could give me a high five. Her face looked like she thought I was strange for wanting high five from the lizard. I think she prefers the blue one since its mouth is closed and it got to hold a lot of items today (doctor play kit, toothbrush, ball, etc). We played a new CD my brother made and it has "Whole New World" song from Aladdin. When it started, Ashley paused and recognized the tune right away. She danced the entire song and I danced next to her. She even put the 2 lizards on a balloon and had them flying around like the Magic Carpet! It was so creative and I was so impressed! She only did it for about 4 seconds so I got a book and put her lizards on it to fly it around also. She loved that and took it from me to continue. It was all really cute!



In the evening, she said "nice" for ice and "hot" after I said her  muffin was hot. She did a great job helping me with the strawberries again and she seems to really enjoy cutting them up!
 
Wednesday

This morning Ashley did a great job listening to instructions for us to get ready for school. When I dropped her off, she got out of the car and made great eye contact with me when I said goodbye! At school, she said "water & bubbles" and did great following directions.

Some days Ashley and Noah really like each other and have fun playing. Then there are other days we can't have them in the same room together which I think is pretty typical of siblings. After we picked Ashley up from school early for session, Noah kept saying to Ashley "hold hand, hold hand, hold hand" when we all got out of the car. I had my phone out so I am thankful there is function where I can access camera quickly. He grabbed her hand and then she looked at Noah smiling. She held his hand walking to the door and it was a sweet moment!



In session with Tracy, she said "busy bee, sticks, pretzel sticks, juice, nose, nack (for snack), one, tree (for three), ooo (for two), down, I want, want, yummy, more, up, balls, and Awesome!" when she saw extra snack in hallway after potty break! She enjoyed music, books, lizards, jumping and counting activities! She also liked dancing to Aladdin again!

She did great helping me again before dinner wash and cut strawberries! At the table, I asked if she wanted pineapple and she said "yeah."

Thursday

At school, she said "water, please & bubbles" and she worked very hard today!

In session with Tracy, she said "one, tree (for three), mmmm (music), lizard, want" and enjoyed Aladdin songs again. We printed some pictures to go along with it and pulled out the figurines. Ashley was not really into dancing today and did not have as much energy or alertness. Tracy tried new counting activity using small pieces of chocolate which was huge motivator for Ashley! We are trying to come up with more counting activities to help Ashley understand and use her motivations.

In the evening, she said "awesome" when I got her ice and also said "water".


Friday
 
This morning when I went into her room I said "Good morning Ashley! It's Friday!" and she said "Awesome" with a smile! She also said "shoes" before we left for school and made great eye contact with me when she got out of the car to walk into school with teacher!

At school, she said "water, bubbles & please" and they reported she was a great listener. She worked really hard today and she even did extra work! She really enjoyed PE and dancing to music!

In speech with Brooke, she said "yeah, no, waberry (for strawberry), bus, Veggie Tales, help me (4 times), & to the gym (3 words!!!)!" Her song today was Wheels on the Bus and favorite character was Strawberry Shortcake.
 
In the evening, I asked if she needed to go potty and she said "no". When I asked if she would help me close the blinds she immediately started running to each one to close! I love seeing her listening skills get better and she had a proud smile after she finished! She also said "iiii" for ice!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment