It looks like Ashley is starting to initiate peekaboo now and letting us know she wants that social interaction!!!! She did it last week in session with my mom and then with me several times this week! She is such a different girl than she was 1 year ago and I love how Son-Rise has given me tools to help draw her out of her world! The Women's Retreat last weekend was the break I needed to get refreshed, to give God my worries and to remember that He is in Control! I started reading Autism Breakthrough book again and is getting me motivated again to keep going!
Sunday
She had a great day at church and enjoyed dancing again in worship! She said "um-um (for dum-dum), water, no, I want, da (for dance), yes, bar (for granola bar)."
She went to the park with Haley and said "swing, I want, no, sli (for slide), sa (for sand), yes, and wee! (while swinging)." She also said "bye-bye" to Haley at end with no prompting!
She also had some nice cuddle time with daddy over the weekend since I was gone at HCBC Women's Retreat! Jeremy said she would put her hands on both sides of his face and look into his eyes. Then she would touch his nose, eyes, and mouth like she was exploring his face! Jeremy also mentioned that she cuddled with him for 1 hour watching TV and that was special for him! Ashley rarely sits still for 5 minutes unless she is sick which thankfully is not much! He just said how affectionate she is becoming and he is really enjoying that!
In session with me, she said "ball, water, & baby". She wanted me to keep singing Mickey Mouse Clubhouse theme song while she played with Mickey Mouse ears! At dinner, she said "juice & water".
Monday
She said "bay-bay" for bacon. At school she said "trash". In speech, she really enjoyed the gym and said "more".
In session with me, she said "ball, balls, Dona (for Donald duck), Roll call (great approximation after I sang it in song), try, drink, me, no, yeah, yes, I want, this". Ashley was really into the Minnie Mouse book and kept wanting me to say the character names. Then she kept watching my mouth while I was singing the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse song. She also wanted lots of tickles and she said "tuh-tuh-tuh" 4 different times requesting tickles and only at that time! In the evening while I was heating up her muffin, I gave her kiss on cheek and said I love you. She said "I love you" back! :)
Tuesday
Today at school she was really focused and did her work well! She said "yes" and even came off playground from recess today with no whining for the first time!
In session with me, she said "ba-ber (for cracker), water, iii (for ice), ball, balls, Awesome!". After session, we went to work in kitchen since she wanted a snack. She helped me cut up Squash and Zucchini but she was really wanting to get to the strawberries. I got out the strawberries and explained to her the process again while showing her with one. Then she did 6 more strawberries ALL on her own (pull off stem, wash, set on paper towel, repeat). Then I helped her cut the strawberries up and she got to eat them all up! I was so proud of her for helping me with the entire process and then eating after all the work was done! She is also still eating stir fry squash and ate fish sticks tonight!
Wednesday
This morning I was getting her lunch together and noticed she wanted to get her shoes on for school. I said we need to get your hair fixed first. She jumped up, got the hairbrush out of bathroom drawer, and brought it to my hands! :) I am glad she is eager to go to school because that means she likes it there!
At school, she worked really hard on her work today and did tangram puzzles without any help or prompting. She also said "no".
In session with Tracy, she said "buh (for Buzz Lightyear), Buzz, wha-wha (for Woody), Bah-Lare book (for Bob & Larry book), purpa (for purple lizard), ball, water, up, down, Barbie, boat, nack (for snack)!"
When Tracy was leaving I asked if Ashley wanted a bath. She replied "I want it" 2 times! She also said "iii" 2 times to request for ice and sang the two words "Veggie Tales" while Tracy was writing session notes.
Once Noah woke up from his nap, they seemed to play really well together and loved getting inside the Tinker Bell tent. Normally Ashley would crawl out of tent because it is a small space but she was laughing with Noah. I then started playing Peekaboo with them and they just loved that! I tried to get some pictures since it was so cute but most are blurry.
Thursday
This morning when we were getting ready for school she said "water" and "shoes" 4 times after I did! At school, she did really well with ABC puzzle and also said "water" and "I want".
After school, Ashley crawled into the Tinker Bell tent again and started laughing. She was waiting for me to come find her!!! It was so cute and when I opened it to say peekaboo she had the biggest smile! I just love her laugh! Noah decided to come join and sat in the tent with Ashley with big smile. So we played game for probably 8 minutes where I would ask Where is Ashley? and then pause saying Where is Noah?. I loved hearing them laughing in there with anticipation that I would open flap any second to tickle them! It was a great way to get eye contact from Ashley and I love how she was wanting to interact.
In session with Tracy, she said "want, Buzz, Princess (for Sophia), Balls, water, up, down, and more". They had fun with counting game, having tea party and listening to music!
Friday
While I was putting on her shoes and saying just that word, she said "shoes" also 2 times! In session with my mom she made really great eye contact, played with balls, read books and had a lot of laughs! She said "Do" for Dora and "bah" for bath. In the evening she said "I want" and "Awesome". She helped me cut up the squash and zuchinni again! She also took stems of strawberries, washed them and cut them up! We worked on her washing each strawberry for 5 seconds today (I'll add more time each day). She does not cut it up perfectly and the squash ends up being 5 big sections but it does not matter! :) She is also now aware to move her fingers out of the way when cutting!
When daddy got home, the kids were so excited since he worked really late hours this week and Ashley would NOT let go of Jeremy's hand. It was sweet how she wanted to play with him right away and pulled his hand down to the ground. He complied and then Ashley sat on his back for a horse ride! Noah and Oscar wanted to join too! I couldn't help but grab my phone fast for a picture!
Daddy also got to play peekaboo with the kids so he enjoyed seeing how much the kids LOVE it!




You are such wonderful parents, your incredible dedication and love is amazing <3
ReplyDelete