Saturday
This morning we all met at local school to celebrate Cousin Lyla's birthday! We had a lot of fun and Ashley seemed happy to see all the family. It was a bit challenging at cupcake time since Ashley ate hers so fast and she had a special GFCF cupcake. She wanted to eat Noah's and Lyla's since they eat slower and actually enjoy it. :)
Today Ashley said "more, swing, and water" during her park times with daddy. She had great sessions with Jeremy and Becky too! My mom said Ashley listened and watched while she sang Jesus Loves Me with hand signs. She also seemed to really enjoy that my mom was participating with her and joining her!
Sunday
At church, she said "dum-dum, bubbles and no" when Haley asked her if she needed to use bathroom. This is a beautiful, blurry video of what inclusion looks like during kids worship at Hill Country Bible Church! Ashley dances by rocking side to side and really enjoys the music! I also love seeing her sweet friend Tawni (on left) dance like Ashley! A few weeks ago Tawni decided to join Ashley and they were both smiling at each other! Thank you Haley for capturing video and being Ashley's buddy! We are so thankful to HCBC for loving and accommodating our daughter!
At lunch, she said "juice" and "chips". In session with me, she said "Bah (for ball), I want (2 times), Whoa! (3 times), Op (for open), Mih (for Mikey), Ball (4 times), I, me and I want it." At night she said "muffin, nana, and I love you!"
Monday
Today at school she was not as vocal but she did go walk into bathroom on her own with NO prompting again! In session, she said "ball" 2 times and "bah-bah" for bath. We had to cut session short today since Noah woke up early from nap and was very mad. In the evening, she said "iii" for ice.
Tuesday
At school she said "water" when wanting her water and loved the swings today at recess. She also seemed to really enjoy music and playing drums at school!
In session with Becky, she had fun playing with marbles and listening to songs! She really loves theme songs to kids shows so my mom got really goofy and starting dancing to the songs. Ashley was watching her very intently and made great eye contact! She didn't join in the dancing but she was entertained by my mom so maybe next time she will dance too! She also said "water" in session. At dinner, she said "chips".
Wednesday
Every morning she wakes up pretty hungry so wants breakfast immediately. We are trying to work on her patience and waiting but I know I get pretty grouchy if I am hungry too. I was slightly bending over to put on my socks and Ashley came over. She bent over right in front of me, put her face 1 foot from mine and looked into my eyes smiling. It was really unexpected and then I asked if she wanted breakfast. She gave me a bigger smile and pulled my hand to the table.
She had good day at school and only said "water". She even helped pick up trash in the classroom that was not hers without anyone asking.
In session with Tracy, we did a Toy Story theme since she has really been into the Toy Story 3 Movie Cover image. I printed out some group images and taped in the room for her to find. Then the stuffed dolls were different places around the room and figurines were in the closet. I also added the Mr. Potato Heads bin and Barbie inside her car so she had ALL possible characters. She said "Rex, Buzz. Woo (for Woody), Barbie, water, my eat, and Toy Story!"
Thursday
At school, Ashley said "swing, chex & water". Ashley had a really great session with Tracy today! She wanted book off shelf and Tracy accidently knocked one off. Ashley said "not this" meaning she did not want that book. Ashley was looking at Minnie Mouse book but it would not stay open so she said "help" to Tracy. She also said "Rex, Bu (for Buzz), ball, balls, up, baba (for bathroom), apples, eat, Barbie, Toy Story, Gree (for green jelly bean), Two (when counting jelly beans), Get them (requesting item), and Tray-tree (we think she is saying Tracy)!"
At night she said "muffin, water, nana (for banana) and I want it!"
Friday
At speech Ashley said "quack-quack, more, help, duck, gym". In session with Becky, she initiated a game of Peak-a-boo behind a book while jumping. Ashley thought it was so funny that my mom was doing the same thing so they were laughing a lot! She always makes great eye contact while jumping!


No comments:
Post a Comment