Friday, January 15, 2016

Writing her name!!! - Jan 15th, 2016


Saturday

Today we just relaxed this morning which was great for all of us! We went to the park for a little but didn't stay too long since it was pretty cold. Before we left for the park, I kept saying to everyone Lets go the park. When I was putting Ashley's shoes on, she said something like "I want to bubba chee" (for I want to go park) while looking at me. Jeremy and I both looked at each other realizing she was trying to say full sentence to us without repeating us or prompting!!! Wow!

At lunch, she said "drink, juice & chips". In session with me, she said "want, I want, water, che-bar (for cracker) and bubba (for music)". We had fun hitting balloons around and she loved me blowing up balloons to let them go flying around room! So proud of Ashley!!!! Today she was interested in tracing her name on paper pinned to Playroom wall. After I asked her if she could write her name and picture #2 is what she did totally independent!!!!! I was so impressed and she was proud of herself! :) normally she would just scribble ALL over the place but she really tried to write her name!! We wrote her name about 10 more times and picture #3 at bottom is end result (I only gave a little hand over hand on A to get her started and let go)!




Grammy & Papa got Ashley some swim lessons for Christmas with a special needs swim instructor. Today was our first evaluation and Ashley LOVE being back at the pool. However, she did not want to listen. She took a while to warming up to the new instructor but by the end she was holding on to her! It is a great indoor pool so excited Ashley gets opportunity to keep swimming! I think she could do swim team in a few years if she wants to! During time there, she said "reach" after I said it in pool demonstrating arm pulling. She did have meltdown leaving which we knew was coming. She always does leaving the pool since the loves it so much.



After we went to Chic-fil-a since I forgot to make dinner casserole this morning. Ashley said "dench die" for French Fry. I am realizing that I have never heard her say the f sound. In the playground she had a lot of fun and would make great eye contact with us! She would even come up to the window, put her face against it and smile at us!

Sunday

At church, she said "dum-dum, bubbles, want, more bubbles" and also told Haley with picture that she needed to go potty! She had great time in Kings Kids A getting to play with sensory toys too! A sibling of special needs child that knows Ashley saw her from down the hall and said "Hi Ashley!" Ashley paused and looked at her which really impressed the family that she acknowledged her name and looked at them! :) Its great when outside family people see the difference and progress in Ashley!

In session, she did a lot of rocking today so I just joined her. I have to catch myself sometimes that I just enjoy the time with her and not try push her do something she doesn't want to. She did such a great job yesterday trying to write her name so its easy to get in mindset of what else can she do today. She was really into Strawberry Shortcake pictures & small figurines. She kept taking my finger to point at each one and wanting me to say their names. She also wanted music today and her favorite is A Whole New World song from Aladdin. She watched me sing along the first time and opened her mouth like she might try sing too. The second time we played it she took my hand and pushed it away basically telling me to not sing. :) She did say "want, eat, straw (for strawberry shortcake), muba (for music) & water."

We went to a friends house for dinner and Ashley did pretty good sitting at the table with all of us. She was not interested in what they served and let us know she did not want it. She loved playing in their backyard and did not want to leave!

Monday

At school, she said "done, watching, water, bubbles & want" and did her work well! At speech and OT, she was verbally trying to tell them sentences! They tried to introduce some yoga poses for OT but she was not really into it.

In session with me, she said "want, mubar (for cracker), water, teetee, bub bub bubba (singing bubble guppies song)" and she also sang "ew wool" for Whole New World Song!!! She was interested in music, play doctor kit, Chicken Little book and puzzles. We have been trying to incorporate counting whenever possible so when she has a few crackers left in Ziploc bag we start counting how many are left each time. I normally have to hold her hand, she points, and I do hand over hand counting with her. Today when we got down to 5 crackers left in the Ziploc bag, I asked her if she could count how many are left. She pointed to EACH cracker independently while I counted aloud! Then we did same for 4, then 3 cracker, etc! Yay!!!


Tuesday

At school, Ashley was very happy and vocal! She said "done, water, bubbles, I want, & teetee". She said "teetee" to her teacher and then walked into the bathroom to go!!!! After school we had to go to a follow up appointment and get some blood drawn. She kept singing "dohbot" over and over while we were waiting for doctor. I started singing it with her and she looked at me smiling! She did great when they did blood draw as we explained all that was going to happen and explained all steps!
She had a great session with Becky and I know my mom was so glad to be back!



Wednesday

Before school Ashley was looking at her Bubble Guppies book and started singing "bub-bub-bubba"!

Today at school Ashley worked really hard and was in a great mood! She somehow sensed it was almost time for outdoor morning walk so she went to her locker, pulled out her sweatshirt and put it on all by herself! :) She said "want, one, bubbles & water". Her teacher also sent me a picture because Ashley was making a large parade in the middle of sensory room and they had not seen this before! Too funny what she choose to be apart of her special line! :)



In session with Tracy, she said "eat, cracra (for cracker), eating, balls, mus (for music), I want, Bubbles, Tray-she (for Tracy), bite, &  Bubble-Bubble-Bubble-Bye". When Ashley said Tracy's name she smiled so big looking at her! Tracy tried some new games with Ashley like drawing with feet. Tracy helped her keep pen between her 2 toes and Ashley thought the whole thing was so funny! She also tried to blow ping-balls using a straw but she was not interested. She loved dancing with music, brain flakes and counting!

Noah was in a great mood this evening and he gave Ashley a spontaneous hug when she walked by. He kept hugging her from behind while she was walking slowly and they both were laughing! It was a sweet moment! She did a great job letting Oscar outside again and cutting up strawberries for dinner! When I got her ice, she tried approximation like always but then said "awesome" while walking away! :)

Thursday

At school, she said "I want, done, water & tee-tee" again for needing go potty!!! She did great work today, listened to teachers but hard time waiting today.

In session with Tracy, she said "me, up, want, whee, water, eat, bobby, bubble" and lots of eye contact! She enjoyed playing with Petshop toys and even asked Tracy to help stand some of them up also! She liked music, dancing, counting and jumping!

At bath time, she said "water & want" for me to turn on faucet and then she wanted to help rinse out shampoo from Noah's hair using a cup! He did not like that. When Jeremy got home, Ashley was so excited to see him and wanted to run! She made great eye contact during their play time and lots of laughs with tickles!

Friday

At school, she said "water, good job &  bubbles"! She also played peekaboo with teachers several times today by covering up her eyes laughing and then looking at them! She had a great day and no sensory challenges at all!

In session with me, she said "water, one, red (2 times), watching, I love you, & new woe"! I let her choose between red or green jelly beans to count today and she said "red". She wanted the song A Whole New World and wanted me to sing it! She was making great eye contact and then watching my mouth to intently! I tried to see if she wanted to write her name but she shook her head no.

At dinner, she helped me cut up the strawberries and then let Oscar out to potty! I pulled out pen and paper at table and she showed interest. I asked if she wanted to write her name so we did that for a while. She is getting much better with the A! At potty time she said "push" and when wanting ice she said "iii". She really wanted to play with daddy when he got home so she enjoyed running around stairs with him and getting tickles!

No comments:

Post a Comment