Saturday, September 19, 2015

School and Patterns - Sept 18th


Saturday

We went as a family to local park and enjoyed the amazing weather outside. We brought balls to play with so Ashley said "ball" about 5 different times while we were there. She also said "no" when I asked if she wanted to climb down the side of playscape and I could help her. Sometimes when she is outside she can get distracted and go into her own world. Today she was more engaged with me than I have seen before at any park. She made great eye contact, initiated peak-a-boo with me twice, listened well, and asked for help on the swings!

In session, we had a good time with playdoh so we did that for a long time! She also kept watching my mouth closely when I sang the Veggie Tales song! She did say "I want", "juice", and "moose" for Minnie Mouse book. I took Ashley to get shoes since her feet have grown again.

Ashley finally lost her 2 front teeth just in time for school pictures this week! It will be interesting to see if her sensory issues decrease this week since I know they were bothering her. She pulled one tooth out in Stride Ride today but I couldn't find it. The other tooth came out as soon as we got home. She still has a beautiful smile!



Sunday

Today she had a good time at church but we were late getting her from class so she was not happy towards end. She had a great time with daddy at Play for All Abilities Park and made really good eye contact! She did say "muh" for more a lot at the park wanting daddy to help her climb. During the day she said "ba-un" for bacon, "bah-nuh" for banana, "I want", "muffin" and "try" two times at dinner when I asked her if she would try the chicken. She did eventually eat 4 pieces of the Thai peanut chicken dish!!!

In session, we used these large colored puzzle mats that Tracy brought over for this week. Ashley liked putting them together and there is a lot we can do with them this week to make games using colors. We put 4 mats together (red, yellow, blue, and green) and I tried to make a game jumping from each one and saying the color. She thought it was funny that I was doing it but she didn't want to play. I think I heard her say "red" 2 times with growling sound when we were cleaning up.

Monday

At school, they reported she made lots of eye contact, had good energy level, and was ready to learn! In speech, she said "off, yeah, what, ba (for bath), Watching beggie, want, no".

In session with me, we were playing with the colored cups and she said "bup" 2 times for cup, "ball" 4 times, and "water". In the evening, she said "muffin" and "eee-some" (for Awesome).

 Before dinner she got really hungry so I asked if she wanted to help me with the strawberries. She watched me pull off stem, wash the strawberry, and then place on paper towel. She then did the next one all by herself with only verbal prompt!!!! She did about 5 of them and then lost interest. So I paused and helped her cut off ends so she could eat them. Every time it seems we can add on more steps and she can follow which is really exciting! She also said "waz" for wash.

 
 
At dinner, she ate 6 pieces of squash for stir-fry and requested more! She event ate a piece of zucchini but she didn't like it. Then she ate 4 pieces of Thai peanut chicken too! Yay!!!


Tuesday

She said "chex" at school for Chex cereal. She is now making ABAB patterns with blocks and needing very little verbal prompting! At home she said "muffin, ba (for bath), and water." She had a good session with Becky too and lots of fun with playdoh and books! At dinner she ate squash again and 4 pieces of left over Thai peanut chicken.

Wednesday

She said "muffin" at breakfast and had good day at school! She does really well listening to instructions at school so it is great to hear that! I had a conference with her 2 teachers and got to hear all about Ashley's day at school. It was so encouraging to hear her progress in just this first month of school! I also liked hearing more about her schedule each day and it sounds like there are plenty of sensory breaks! Her teacher sent me some pictures of her at school which I really appreciate! She now knows how much I love pictures! Ashley is making really good progress already with colors, patterns and matching cubes correctly to numbers. Ms. Myers has numbers 1 -5 written big in different colors with number of dots showing and Ashley matches a corresponding colored cube onto the dot. It also sounds like they have worked out a really great schedule for her with opportunities to go outside or sensory room in between table work. She is also paired with one of her peer friends from pre-k.



In session with Tracy, Ashley said "water, drink, eat, more, my more, burple (for purple), Bora (for Dora) and Bob." In the evening she said "ba" for bath and "ruh" for run. At dinner she ate all 5 pieces of carrots and 5 small pieces of turkey sausage with syrup!

Thursday

Today at school she said "juice" at lunch and "new" when Ms. Callie asked about her new shoes. She did really well make her ABAB patterns today with blocks. They did school pictures today but it didn't go to well so we will do retakes again.... :)

In session with Tracy, she said "eat, more, yummy, ice, water, burpa (for purple), Bora (for Dora) and Bob (for Veggie Tales book)." She enjoyed Tracy singing the Dora theme songs and purple items in session.

Friday

At school they had a Shield Parade outside but Ashley was not into it. She was probably overwhelmed by the number of students and parents outside plus change in schedule. She was not as vocal at school today with approximations and seemed a little tired.  Her speech therapy was canceled so she got to stay for PE which she loved running around with scarves.

In session with me, she said "water, booh (for book) and chi (for chicken nuggets)". Ashley always comes to one of us to initiate running laps/chase. She will come up to us, grab our wrist and try to pull us. We will pause and try to get her use word of run. I couldn't get her to say sound but then I asked "Do you want to run?". Immediately after you ask this, below is what her face shows so I just had to capture that. Wish I could put a cute background behind her and make that her school picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment