Friday, August 7, 2015

Sibling hug! - August 7th, 2015

Jeremy and I got to get away last weekend to celebrate our 10th Anniversary in Corpus Christi! Thanks to Haley, Becky, Doug, Miranda, and Brogan for making this possible and for keeping Son-Rise program going!  Ashley was a little off on Saturday and Sunday without us around but she recovered quickly.

We had to see 2 Specialists this week so there was a lot of waiting which Ashley is not the best at.

The highlight for me this week was Noah giving his sister a hug on Friday morning and Ashley tolerating it with small smile.


Sunday

At church, Ashley was interactive and sat with all the kids during circle time. In session with Miranda and Brogan, she had good eye contact and said "water", "yes", "bazaba" for balloon, and lots of "t" and "tsk" sounds which was new.

After we got home that afternoon, Ashley kept saying "mama" and asking for lots of tickles!

Monday

She said "Awesome!" when I gave her cereal at breakfast.

Ashley helped me make breakfast treat again and this time I let her break the eggs doing hand over hand. She LOVED it! We made a little bit of a mess but it really wasn't hard to clean it up and it was easy to pull out egg shells from mixture!

She also helped me make her daddy's egg muffins and Noah needed his own stool to stand on too. :) I almost got to stand on side lines and watch her! She helped pour the egg substitute, measure & pour spices, pour in the ingredients, and stir. Then with NO prompting or any direction, she started pouring the mixture into each muffin tin. I was so surprised that she knew what to do next and so impressed! I was in shock and then I started praising her and encouraging her which you can see her small smile in the 5th picture. So I just kept snapping pictures! :)  She filled all the cups evenly and did a great job! I was praising her so much after and she was so proud of herself! I love that smile she shows even with that front tooth barely hanging on!



In sessions with Tracy and Kimberly, Ashley said "more, water, eat, nah, mmm, down, nuh for no, booh for book, ju-ju for juice, and borsey(horsey)."

- Tracy said Ashley was smiling and laughing so much in their session today and lots of happy sounds! Ashley even INITIATED a game of peek-a-boo with Tracy!
- Kimberly said Ashley was singing a lot! They also pretended to ride their hula hoops like a horsey and that is when Ashley said "borsey"!

In the evening, she said "trash" when I mentioned throwing item in trash. She also said "yes" when I asked her if she wanted ice and "no" later when I asked her if she needed to go potty.

Tuesday

In sessions with Wendy and me, she said "Wee!, earring, no, mu (for music), buh (for book), and Awesome!" when I was spinning her on my back. She is also making some new happy sounds of "wheat-zuh" and "wheat-tree".

At speech she did a great job following directions and said "more". At swim lessons she said "reach" 2 times, "yes", "water fah" for requesting water fall, and "Great jah!" after I said Great job!

Ashley helped make the PBJ sandwiches for her and Noah. She is still needing some help with spreading peanut butter and portion control on jelly! :)



Wednesday

In sessions with Tracy and me, she said "up, more, what, want, trash, juju (for juice), nah (for no), yeah (for more snack), buh (for book), Bubbles (for Bubble Guppies book), Bob (looking at Veggie Tale picture), move (wanted Tracy to move table), and water.

"Trash" 2 times while throwing food items away and "Awesome!" while playing with her toys.

Ashley and I also had craft time today and Friday to make some gifts for all the Team Ashley volunteers! We had to space it out during these days because Ashley's attention span doesn't last too long and she is not a huge fan of crafts. I think these are going to turn out really cute and what I love is that she helped with each one.



Thursday

In sessions with Tracy, Kimberly & Becky, she said "more, want, water, Jack (for Jake Pirates book), and awe-berry  (after Kimberly sang Strawberry Shortcake song)". Ashley got to enjoy part of session outside and we attempted Boat races using soap. She loved watching them go down the slide! She also got to discover what soap taste like since she later put one in her mouth...


Ashley said "trash" again. What a word to master, right? :) When we went potty, I asked if she could turn light on and she said "on" while lifting switch. When I told her I love you, she responded with "Awesome!". Haha!

Noah, Ashley and I played chased that evening and during it we always say Run. Well tonight I finally heard a "Wun" out of her!

Friday

We played chase again this morning and we pause in between laps. The kids just love running and laugh the entire time. In between I gave Ashley a hug and then Noah a hug. I asked if Noah wanted to give Ashley a hug and he did! She tolerated it and had a little smile on her face! I was lucky to catch this sweet moment since their hug lasted almost 5 seconds!



In sessions with Haley and me, Ashley said "buh (for banana), juice, yes, no, water, uh (for up), Toy , Woody and Story (looking at Toy Story book), Door (asking for at Dora book), Jake (for Jake book), eat, (for chicken nuggets she said all of following at different times) chuh, chick, nuh.

No comments:

Post a Comment